Jun. 8, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
Policy Brief & Purpose
This WDS policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. Additional information can also be found in the WDS Safety Plan. You are kindly requested to follow all these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in thisunique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to thesehealth precautions. We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
This coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines. As we move forward this policy may also be amended as new procedures are needed. If so, we will update you as soon as possible.
This coronavirus policy applies to all of our employees, students, parents or guardians and anyone who enters the facility. All persons entering the facility after class hours will also be expected to follow this policy.
Please follow these required actions listed below employees should take to protect themselves and their co-workers from a potential coronavirus infection.
Stay Home If Sick:
● If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly, stay home and inform your instructor you are ill and will not be at class.
● Before returning to classes make sure you are better and inform your instructor you will be returning again.
● Anyone who has had a positive COVID-19 diagnosis can return to classes only after they have fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming their recovery.
● If you’ve been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, with high chances of being infected yourself, please follow the BC Provincial COVID-19 orders as required.
● Rides should be limited to only members of your “Bubble”. Students should not besharing rides with anyone outside of their small family group.
● Drop Off and Pick Up should be scheduled to limit the amount of time students have to wait for classes to begin and their rides home.
● All correspondence with staff or instructors should be done via email or phone.
● If necessary any correspondence in person shall be kept to a minimum while also following the “two metre” rule.
General Hygiene Rules:
● Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands and follow the 20 second hand washing rule. You can also use the sanitizersyou’ll find around the facility.
● Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
● Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
● If you find yourself coughing/sneezing on a regular basis or are not feeling well, avoid close physical contact with your fellow students. Inform your instructor and arrangements will be made to have your parent or guardian come and take you home. You will be required to isolate in one of the vacant rooms or wait outside until your ride arrives.
View All News Posts Back To Top